DBA has undertaken the preparation of numerous studies involving the delivery of sustainable transport solutions to our clients. For many of these studies the outcome is the successful implementation of a Travel Plan for a given development or facility, including discussion with local public transport operators regarding service levels and routes.
Depending on client needs these plans may involve prior travel behavior monitoring. A sample list of DBA’s sustainable transport projects of particular note is shown below. This list excludes numerous GTP frameworks and initial plans produced at the planning stage.
- Silverburn Shopping Centre, Glasgow – staff and customer GTPs, studies of park-and-ride viability, P’n’R design, negotiations with First Glasgow for P’n’R bus service (now implemented)
- Audi Headquarters, Braehead, Glasgow – GTP
- MetroCentre, Gateshead – design and implementation of shuttle bus route, design of new bus station
- Union Square retail scheme, Aberdeen – design and construction management of replacement bus station
- Skypark offices, Glasgow – GTP, pedestrian measures
- Templeton Business Centre, Glasgow – GTP monitoring by questionnaire, analysis of responses
- Anniesland College, Glasgow – GTP
- Aberdeen College – GTP monitoring by questionnaire, 550 responses, 50% return rate
- Scotia Helicopters (Aberdeen Airport) – GTP
- Hillington Industrial Estate, Glasgow – GTP’s including identification of shuttle bus proposals to provide rail linkage